J Fossick's Blogtastic Page

This Fossick's blog aka Justin D.T. This is where my Creative Muse will express itself for your own personal pleasure. Use this blog as a tool and enjoy what you read. My writings, ideas, random thoughts, and mind will be expressed here. You will get a chance to understand me here. Your mom's secret pictures will be viewable here. Thanks for visiting. Be sure to leave some feedback. I'm cool and together we can make the world cool. One word at a time.

Friday, November 17, 2006

An actual update?

I need a new PC monitor, a smart phone, a microphone and a Zune. Problem is, as you can probably guess by now, is that I don't have nearly enough for all of that. So what I'm saying to myself is get a smart phone with an integrated MP3 player that kicks ass until I get the Zune. So...for once on this blog I have a real update worth reading....I guess...

Smartphones. I've been looking into these lately, weighing my options, comparing and asking for advice. So far I've found two that I like and are in my price range that are from T-Mobile, my carrier. They are the Blackberry Pearl and the T-Mobile Dash, a T-Mobile exclusive phone if you've never heard of it before. They both support Windows Mobile and as far as I know MP3 capability. I've been talking to my father about phones because he works for a company that specializes in the testing of mobile devices. Simply put, he gets a lot of free phones. The company does more than that but that's another discussion. I would post some pictures of these phones but I don't like the blogger image thingy and if you really care you can just search them up using Google. Google is your friend.
Both of the phones I've looked at so far have been near 200 USD which is within my price range. Then again I can always look em up on eBay. Another feature they both have that I like is the MP3 capability, while this won't be a great substitute for the Zune, it'll be fine until I eventually get a Zune. I can change the memory on both of the phones too in case I feel the need to add more pics/songs/documents.
Now you may ask, why does Justin need a Smartphone with Windows Mobile functionality ? Here's an answer and then some. Live Anywhere. Yes, the Microsoft product. Here's the wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_Anywhere
Basically it's this: Live Anywhere is a schedule feature for the video game console Xbox service, Xbox Live. It will enable a variety of non-Xbox platforms such as a Windows Vista PC, Windows Mobile phones, and Java-enabled phones to connect to Xbox Live. Users, each with a unique Gamertag that carries over from Xbox Live, will be able to play online, keep track of their friends' status, send and receive messages, purchase Xbox Live Arcade games for cell phone use, gain and keep track of Achievements, and more. Some games will allow for cross-platform play, including the upcoming Shadowrun game, which will allow PC players to compete against Xbox 360 players.
I would love that! Now besides the usage of Live Anywhere I want a Windows Mobile phone so that I can check my email on the fly and access the internet easily with streamlined design instead of struggling with a crappy phone with a bad browser function. Furthermore, I want the smartphone because when Vista comes out I will be able to utilizie that in some way if I don't get it for my home PC. And more reason why I want a smartphone (how many times have I said smartphone?) is for Microsoft Word. If you know me well then you know that I have a plethora of ideas, some ridiculously stupid, others terribly sexy. But the problem is that I can't write down my ideas when they happen. I bought a notepad some time ago to help me with this since I kept it in my pocket at all times. This worked for a time but then I realized that during a shower all of my work might be lost or something else could happen. With a Microsoft Word enabled phone I can use my Qwerty keyboard and type what I'm thinking when I think it. Ya digg it?
So if you could please comment with your suggestions or comments that would be nice. Or just hit me up somewhere else.

Computer Monitor. The one I'm using now is bleeding (internal damage.) It's an LCD and I like it but it's been around for years just waiting to be put to rest. Talking about monitors I mention one brand all of the time. BenQ. They have really good monitors for decent prices. The kind of monitor I want should have a really good resolution. Another function I want is the option that would allow me to hook my Xbox 360 up the computer and play on my monitor whenever I feel like being private or company comes over to watch a movie on my HDTV( the one I use normally for gaming.) The TV in my other room is sort of crappy so that's out of the question. All in all, I need your help with a new monitor if you'd please drop a comment or two...

Zune. If you read above you would see that the Zune has dropped on my list (sadly) but isn't gone for good. I want one because I need a better MP3 player. Oh, I don't like Ipods either....I do like the Creative Vision but the package that suits me is over 350 dollars which isn't going to happen any time soon. Overall, my search for a Zune isn't as extensive or as elaborate as the others but any comments regarding the Zune would be cool.

Logitech 980186 Desktop Microphone. Justin needs one because his blog is suffering without one. My cousin has that model and I love it. Sad thing is it's not very common! Only four entries on eBay! EBAY!!! Amazon has it but for prices I don't feel like paying. They did have one for 10 dollars, brand new, with free shipping. Guess what? I DIDN'T GET IT! I thought I was going to find a better deal later down the road. Boy am I mad at myself. Anyways, I need to start doing podcasts, being the funny me and get my little career jumpstarted because I'm positive it will all start here. If anyone feels like they owe me something go on eBay and buy me one! It would be gladly appreciated. If know of a better microphone for my purposes please share! :)

So...Did you like my longest blogpost yet? If you didn't then I'm sorry...I wasn't aiming for anything miraculous. BUT! I do hope to bring you at least one video by the end of the year. My newest Jackass-type video idea involves me and some friends trick or treating....on Christmas....YES! LOL! Other than that, work's been okay. You won't see my face because I'll be wearing a mask (huh?) because that's going to be my trademark. Or at least one of them. Now to shove you on your way I leave you with some of those random facts.

Reading: Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, The Descent, Red Storm Rising, The Screenwriter's Bible and another novel I can't say much about. (I read a chapter of one book, then one of the next and so on. Works very well when you want to we more than one book and actually finish them.)

Playing: Some game....uhh...ask me later

Watching: Hotel Rwanda (Should be coming in soon)

Listening to: Lateralus (Apart of my super duper playlist)


G'DAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home